A wooden drawbridge over Galgewater in the centre of Leiden.
It was built in 1983 as a 17th-century replica bridge that was destroyed in 1817 at the very same spot. The bridge is named after the famous painter Rembrandt van Rijn who was born and grew up meters away.
Rembrandt’s place of birth was demolished in the beginning of the 20th century. It is now a little park/square known as Rembrandtplaats (translation: Rembrandt Place/Rembrandt Square).
At the end of this bridge – Molen de Put.